MuseScore's image capture feature allows you to save a snapshot of any part of the score window. PNG, PDF and SVG formats are supported.
Save a snapshot
- Click on the Toggle image capture button, .
- Press Shift + drag, to create a new selection rectangle.
- Fine tune the rectangle position, if required, by dragging it and/or changing the "Position" values in the "Lasso" section of the Inspector.
- Fine tune the rectangle area, if required, by dragging the handles, and/or changing the "Size" values in the Inspector.
Right-click on the selection rectangle to open the Image Capture menu. Select the desired option:
- Save As (Print Mode). This saves an image of the selection area as it would look if printed, e.g.
- Save as (Screenshot Mode). This saves a selection of the actual screen, including any line break symbols, invisible elements etc., e.g.
You can save the image in either PNG (default), SVG or PDF format.
Right-clicking on the selection rectangle opens the Image Capture menu:
- Copy image: Chose this to copy an image before pasting it in the same or another MuseScore file.
- Resolution: Set the resolution, and hence the size of the saved or copied image. Try 100 dpi to start with, if you are unsure.
- Transparent background: Turn image transparency on or off.
- Auto re-size to page: Adjusts the selection rectangle to fit the page.
- Resize to A/B/C/D: Chose a customised selection rectangle (as set below).
- Set Standard Size: Resize the selection rectangle, then chose "Set size A/B/C/D" to store it.