These are some testimonials that have been sent in by users. If you have a story to tell, share yours.
- Thanks to all who made this available for composers and musicians all over the world, for free! I am a composer from the Netherlands and using this music notation software to create the most wonderful transcriptions of works by Scarlatti and Rameau for guitar. It is a sheer pleasure to work with. Many thanks!
Graziano Bijlsma, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- I am a professional Musician who worked long years with David Bowie and produced with many artists like: Freddy Mercury, Iggy Pop, Tina Turner, Roger Taylor and some others etc. The reason I write to you, you guys are just great, it is a really great Notation software, I think one of the best at the moment, I was just in to a new writing stuff, while I was trying Sibelius and the other notation software, I just happened to found out your great Music Notations Software. And I will use it also in the future.Thanks again for putting this great Software even for free at the moment. I do encourage you please keep going, we're musicians and real music making producers will follow you.
Erdal Kizilcay, Switzerland
- Hi, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for this software! I am a music teacher and now I can notate all the song my kids want to learn without spending big bucks, and my students can use this at home if they wish too!
Thank you so much!
Emma Smith, Ravenshoe, Queensland, Australia
- I really cannot praise the team responsible for this software enough. The Internet is littered with a lot of free programs for all different kinds of pursuits. Many of them are not up to all that much; some of them are absolute jewels. MuseScore is a very bright jewel, indeed.
Mick Killick, London, UK
- I just wanted to thank you for Musescore, which is full featured but still easy to use, and with comprehensive documentation. I have worked with a lot of free software and am a developer myself, so I know how incredibly rare this combination is! It's also seamlessly cross-platform, so I can work on my arrangements on Mac and Linux with no compatibility problems.
Peter Saffrey, Glasgow, Scotland
- I don't know how you folks have done this, but I want to thank you for MuseScore. Notation software is complex (as is the music composition process), and I am amazed that there are people out there that are willing to do this altruistically, and produce a product that is such high quality. I was preparing to purchase Sibelius, but am not sure that I need it now!
John Heavner, Fayetteville, Arkansas, US
- Thank you for such a great program, especially for those of us in public schools in lower income areas, where even the $9.95 Finale Notepad is too expensive for some students (and WAYYYYYY too limited). MuseScore provides a way for my students to experiment with arranging and composing, which makes them much better musicians. I for one will NOT be paying the $149 upgrade price for Finale 2010. I am a complete MuseScore convert now, and I sing it's praises to other musicians every chance I get!
John D. Newsome, Cook High School in Adel, Georgia, US
- I would like to thank you for making MuseScore available. It is a wonderful tool, intuitive to use and produces quick results. I am using it for musical extracts in lecture notes and hand outs.
Eric Hollis, UK
- I just downloaded MuseScore, fired it up, and produced my first piece in just a few hours. I am SERIOUSLY impressed with the way you handled things in a very intuitive and elegant manner. I purchased another music processor several years ago which was quite obnoxious. I lost it in a computer crash -- and now am happy I did! You all are amazing.
Dave Moorman, WY, US
- I am professor of compositio and the director of Computer Music Studio of the Music Conservatory at Federal University of Pelotas in Brazil and we are using musescore in all our computers on the lab (Mac OS X, Windows and Ubuntu), and the composition students are now also beginning to use in their own machines and most of the composition exercises are now done and present in class on musescore. Thanks so much for this great application, hope to see more improvements on extended notation for contemporary music ;-)
James Correa, Professor of Composition, UFPel, Brazil
- I downloaded Musescore today, and within just a few minutes, I was able to make a song. Awesome program! Just donated to the development of the program. Keep up the good work!
- I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your putting this music writing program out there for us. It is so neat. I am by no means a professional musician, but I wanted to be able to write some simple music without buying costly software. I found your program and have downloaded and used it. It is just wonderful, and does exactly what I wanted it for. Thank you so much. God bless you!
Sara Balentine, Sahuarita AZ, USA
- I'm a musician, composer & music teacher, (Clarinet & Computer Music). This is just to congratulate you about Musescore. I'm use it essentially in a pedagogical way, with my education structure, "Les Ateliers Volants. I think this software is better than commercial score software, and with a lot of possibilities. Platform musescore.com is a very good idea - i hope to find here some pedagogical scores in the future. So congratulations and good work for further development !
Pierre-Yves Rognin, Saint Géréon, France