The simplest way to install MS4 is via an AppImage.
- Go to the musescore.org Download page and click on the Download AppImage button. The file will be saved in the location specified for downloads by your browser.
- Right-click on the downloaded AppImage and select Properties.
- In the Permissions tab, check the option, “Allow executing file as program,” then close.
Although the AppImage can be run as it is, to ensure correct association of the program with its MuseScore files you will need to install the program as follows:
- Right-click in the directory containing the AppImage and select “Open in Terminal”.
- Type [file name] install.
- Open the Terminal (from the menu, panel or with Ctrl+Alt+T ).
- Type [file path] install.