Arpeggiot ja glissandot
Navigate to the handbook page for MuseScore 3: Arpeggios and glissandi
Arpeggio and Glissando symbols can be found in the "Arpeggios & Glissandi" palette in the advanced workspace. This palette also includes strum arrows, an arpeggio bracket, wind instrument articulations, and slide in/slide out symbols.
To add a symbol to the score, use one of the following methods:
- Select one or more notes, then double-click a symbol in the "Arpeggios & Glissandi" palette.
- Drag a symbol from the "Arpeggios & Glissandi" palette onto a note.
Any symbol can be customized by adjusting its properties in the Inspector. Edit handles are also provided in most cases to allow adjustment of length/curvature in Edit mode. If needed for future use, you can save the result in a custom palette.
When an arpeggio or strum arrow is added to the score, it initially spans only one voice. However, you can easily adjust its height by double-clicking the symbol and dragging the handles up or down (for finer adjustment use the keyboard arrows). Playback of the symbol can be turned on or off in the Inspector.
A Glissando or, more informally, a slide, spans two consecutive notes, normally in the same voice.
Chord glissandi are also possible.
Adjust start and end points
- Double-click the symbol to enter edit mode;
- Click on the start or end handle:
- Use Shift+↑↓ to move the handle up or down, from note to note.
- Use Shift+←→ moves the handle horizontally, from note to note.
This method also allows you to move handles between notes in different voices or even from one staff to another—for cross-staff glissandi, for example. You can also use the keyboard arrow buttons or Ctrl + arrow to make final adjustments to the positions of the handles.
To customize the glissando to your requirements, select it and adjust the Inspector properties as follows :
- Type: Choose between a straight or wavy line;
- Text: Edit, or delete the text. Note: If there isn't enough room between notes, the text is not displayed;
- Style: Chose how the glissando plays back. There are four options: Chromatic, White keys, Black keys, Diatonic;
- Play: Check/uncheck the box to turn playback on or off.
Wind instrument articulations
Slide in and Slide out lines can also be found in the "Arpeggios & Glissandi" palette. To edit the length and angle of a line, double-click on it and drag the handle (or use keyboard arrows for finer adjustment).