Release notes for MuseScore 3 (December 24, 2018)
|MacOS 10.12+: 188.8.131.5237, Windows: 184.108.40.20685, AppImage: 3.0.0 (revision: c1a5e4c)||24.12.2018||https://musescore.org/en/3.0|
MuseScore 3.0 was released December 24, 2018.
MuseScore 3.0 is packed full of new features and improvements.
- Automatic placement - potential collisions between elements are detected and resolved automatically, allowing you to easily create great-looking scores with little need for manual adjustment
- Improved parts facility - link parts to specific voices within a staff
- System dividers - automatically generate dividers between systems
- Staff type changes - change staff size, number of lines, and other properties mid-score
- Temporary and cutaway staves - staves may appear and disappear as needed, including the ability to have empty measures be completely invisible
- MuseJazz font - give all elements in your scores a handwritten appearance
- Named noteheads - automatically display pitch names in noteheads using a variety of different naming schemes
- Tours - get online help automatically as you need it
- Timeline - navigate using a graphical overview of the music structure of your score that shows rehearsal marks, changes of tempo, key, and time signature, etc.
- Score comparison tool - easily view differences between versions of a score
- Single page mode - vertically scrolling view of your score
- Improved Inspector - control more element properties and set style defaults directly from the Inspector window, including new above/below placement settings
- Palette search - enter a search term to quickly find any symbol
- Timewise note input and editing - insert and deletes notes and rests within measures, automatically shifting subsequent music forwards or backwards
- Next/previous element - Alt+Right/Left shortcuts to navigate through each element of your score
- Auto-update - no longer necessary to download and install new versions from musescore.org
- Improved Mixer - mute individual voices, collapse channels into a single column, assign MIDI ports and channels
- Improved Piano Roll Editor - easier control of the playback parameters of each note in your score
- Redesigned Play Panel - docked within main window