MuseScore 3.3 Release Timeline
We are nearing the release of MuseScore 3.3!
Thanks to the hard work of the community, we improved already stable release of MuseScore 3.2.3.
- @DLLarson exposed a lot of properties and made fixes for the Plugin API
- @Tantacrul redesigned and @dmitrio95 implemented the redesign of the palettes widget. The goal was to simplify customization of the palettes and get away from the master palette. Check it out in the Beta version and let us know whether we succeeded :)
- @MarcSabatella made a lot of improvements for the accessibility of the editor including navigation
- @lvinken made a lot of improvements for MusicXML export and import
- @Jojo-Schmitz made MuseScore work with the latest version of Qt on Windows which reenabled NVDA support
Many other developers and testers reported and fixed bugs and implemented improvements which have made MuseScore better and more stable.
We are going to prepare a Beta version of MuseScore 3.3 on August 30. Should you know about any fixes/improvements that should go to the release, please let us know so we can prioritize the pull requests merging process. Up to date information about the pull requests that are going to be reviewed and might be merged is available in the related GitHub issue. No new features will be included in the release after this date.
Beta release testing period. Only fixes and small improvements will be included in the release.
UPD: October, 1-2
Previous date: September, 19-20
We are going to prepare the Release Candidate on September 20. Should you know about any regressions in MuseScore 3.3 Beta compared to MuseScore 3.2.3, please let us know so we can quickly prepare a patch.
There will be no new strings for translation after this date.
UPD: We want to include the changes to the Save Online workflow to synchronise the editor flow with the new musescore.com upload interface. This task moves the dates a bit.
Previous date: September, 20-25
It's time to test the Release Candidate thoroughly and report any regressions found. We plan to address the regressions asap. New Pull requests, except for ones fixing regressions, won't be merged.
Previous date: September, 26-27
Release date. All translations will be grabbed as they are around 9:00 (UTC).
All dates are realistic estimations which might be changed at any time. There are no guarantees :)