How to run MuseScore 2 on Mac OS X 10.6
MuseScore 2.x works on Mac OS X 10.7 and later. Users with an older system may use at most MuseScore 1.3 or 1.2 on OS X 10.6, and MuseScore 1.1 on OS X 10.4 or 10.5.
If you are in one of these cases, you can try to use MuseScore 2.x as follows (tested with Mac OS X 10.6 and MuseScore 2.0.3) :
- Download and install WineBottler
- Download MuseScorePortable for Windows
- Run MuseScorePortable.exe with WineBottler (right-click → Open with → Wine)
- This launches the installer of MuseScore Portable. Follow all steps.
- Launch MuseScore Portable.