Compile instructions (MU4 macOS with QtCreator) - Git
Use these instructions to compile MuseScore master branch with QtCreator and Qt 5.15 (the minimum supported Qt version) on macOS 10.13+.
See the Versions Reference page for which macOS versions are supported by Qt 5.15.
Setting up the development environment
Install Xcode developer tools
- If you have XCode: Preferences -> Download and install the Command line Tools.
- else run in the terminal:
Download and install Qt for open source with Qt online installer
Select at least two modules: macOS and QtWebEngine
Install the dependencies. If you are new to macOS development or do not have a preference, we suggest Homebrew,
$ /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)" $ brew install libogg libsndfile libvorbis pkg-config portaudio jack lame cmake git
If you prefer MacPorts, choose the DMG of your OS and install MacPorts.
Open a terminal and enter the following (in your home):
$ sudo port install git libsndfile pkgconfig lame portaudio jack cmake
Setting up the project
Clone the project from GitHub
git clone <your_fork_url>
Open the QtCreator and select File -> Open File or Project then choose file CMakeLists.txt
- create the directories in project: build.debug for debug, build.release for release etc
- choose appropriate paths in the settings
switch to Projects mode and change CMake configuration:
- uncheck option BUILD_PCH
- check option BUILD_UI_MU4
- create directory install in the current build folder ( for the debug: build.debug/install )
- choose created directory in the option: CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
- Push the button Apply Configuration Changes
- Build the project