Language, translations, and extensions
MuseScore works with your "System" language (the one used for most programs, and generally depending on your country and the language settings of the PC, or account).
- From the menu, select Edit→Preferences... (Mac: MuseScore→Preferences...);
In the General tab, select the desired language from the drop-down list in the Language section:
The Resource Manager is used to install and uninstall extensions, and to handle the update of translations. To access the menu use one of the following options:
- From the menu bar, select Help→Resource Manager.
From the menu bar, select Edit→Preferences... (Mac: MuseScore→Preferences...), open the General tab, and click on the Update translations button.
To install or uninstall an extension:
- Select the Extensions tab in the Resource Manager.
- Select the extension.
- Click the Install or Uninstall button.
Note: Extensions currently include the MuseScore Drumline (MDL) (as of version 3.0) and the MuseScore General HQ soundfont (as of version 3.1).
To update translation(s):
- Select the Languages tab in the Resource Manager.
- Click on the Update buttons for the language(s) you want to update.
Note: Almost all menus and dialogs will switch to the changed/updated translations immediately, but some won't use them until the program is restarted.
- How to change the language in MuseScore (MuseScore HowTo)