|Windows 8 (32 - 64-bit)
Windows 7 (32 - 64-bit)
|OS X 10.6+ Intel (64-bit, Core 2 Duo and up)
(Download 1.2 for 10.6+ 32-bit Core Duo)
(Download 1.1 for 10.4+ Universal)
(Download the source code)
MuseScore installer is available as an EXE file and a MSI file. Typical users should use the EXE file. The MSI package is provided to make deployment through group policy easier for school network administrators.
- Ubuntu official: Please search for "musescore" in the Ubuntu Software Center, or click here to install directly from your browser. Note that the packages provided by Ubuntu are often not up-to-date - read about Ubuntu backports (below) if you wish to be.
- Ubuntu backports: In using the repository at the mscore-stable PPA, you will always have the latest release.
- Arch Linux: For Arch Linux, see this.
- Debian: The package "musescore" can be installed from the main repository using your favorite package manager in Debian. A more up-to-date package is often available in the "unstable" (sid) distribution.
- Fedora: Download the correct RPM package for your architecture from SourceForge, or check your package manager.
- Mageia: Download the correct RPM package using Mageia Control Center.
- openSUSE: The latest RPM packages for openSUSE can be downloaded from the multimedia:musescore repository of the Open BuildService. The easiest way to obtain MuseScore for openSUSE is to use the 1-Click Install from the BuildService download site.
- PCLinuxOS: The last stable version is available in PCLinuxOS repositories.
- Gentoo: Available in Portage via "emerge musescore".
- OpenBSD: You can install MuseScore from the ports collection:
- FreeBSD: You can install MuseScore from the ports collection:
- DragonFly BSD: You can install MuseScore from the ports collection:
Older versions of MuseScore are available to download from SourceForge.net.
Nightly versions are produced from the code of MuseScore that is being developed. They are intended for testers and advanced users who want to experiment with new features, or need access to the latest bug fixes and are willing to risk the instability of an unfinished product. A file saved in these may not open in a future one. Use at your own risk. Please report any bugs you find. See also comparison of stable, prerelease, and nightly builds
|OS X 10.7+ Intel||Linux|
MuseScore is a GNU GPL licensed open-source program.
- Download the source files for the stable release of MuseScore.
- The latest MuseScore code is always available in the GitHub repository.
- Read the developer handbook for instructions to build MuseScore for your OS.
- Windows 8, 7, Vista, or XP. MuseScore doesn't work on Windows RT.
- 125MB hard disk space
- 128MB RAM
- 1024x768 pixel resolution
- Mac OS X 10.6+
- Intel 64-bit processor (Core 2 Duo and up)
- 145MB hard disk space
- 256MB RAM
- 1024x768 pixel resolution