MuseScore has an integrated sequencer and synthesizer to play your score.
By pressing the Play button, you enter Play mode. In Play mode, the following commands are available:
- Seek to previous chord ←
- Seek to next chord &rarr:
- Seek to previous measure Ctrl+← (Mac: ←)
- Seek to next measure Ctrl+→ (Mac: →)
- Rewind to start of score Home (Mac: ⌘+Home)
- Toggle show play panel F11 (Mac: ⌥+⌘+P)
Press the play button again to stop and exit Play mode.
MuseScore starts playback from the place it last left off. If you select a note, MuseScore plays from there instead. The toolbar also has a rewind button to quickly return to the beginning of the score for playback.
To also play repeats, activate the Enable/Disable Repeats-Button.
The Play Panel offers more controls over playback, including tempo, starting position, and general volume. From the main menu, choose Display → Play Panel to open the Play Panel.