Language, translations, and extensions
MuseScore will be installed and work with your "System" language (the one used for most programs, and generally depending on your country and the language settings of the PC, or account).
- From the menu, select Edit→Preferences... (Mac: MuseScore→Preferences...);
In the General tab, select the desired language from the drop-down list in the Language section:
The Ressource Manager is used to install and uninstall extensions, and to handle the update of translations. It can be accessed from the menu Help→Ressource Manager.
It may also be opened by selecting Edit→Preferences... (Mac: MuseScore→Preferences...), open the General tab, and click on the Update translations button.
To install or uninstall an extension:
- Select the Extensions tab.
- Select the extension.
- Click the Install or Uninstall button.
To update translation(s):
- Select the Languages tab.
- Click on the Update buttons for the language(s) you want to update.
Note: The language of menus and dialoges will be changed immediately, but Inspector won't use the new language or translations until the program is restarted.