Jumps and markers
Jumps and markers are used to create repeated sections in a score.
Types of jumps and markers
- D.C. (Da Capo): Jump back to the start of the score.
- D.S. (Dal segno): Jump back to the segno (see below).
- To Coda; Jump to the coda.
- Segno: .
- Fine: The end of the piece.
- Coda: The final section of the score.
Adding a jump or marker to your score
Use one of the following methods
- Select a measure, then click the desired repeat symbol in the Repeats and jumps palette.
- Drag and drop a repeat symbol from the palette onto the desired measure.
Changing appearance of jumps and markers
Changing playback of jumps and markers
If you select a jump or marker its playback properties can be viewed in the "Jump" or "Marker" section of the Properties panel.
In the case of jumps, you can see the titles of the markers that playback subsequently jumps to. These default settings should work for most users, but you can change the destination markers if desired, as long as the named objects exist in the score.
You can also specify whether repeats are taken or not in the section jumped to, by checking/unchecking "Play repeats"
For markers, you can view and edit the title of the marker only.
Jump and marker properties
See also, Text properties.
Jump and marker style
You can change the default text properties of all repeat signs of a particular text style (either "Repeat text left" or "Repeat text right") in Format→Style→Text Styles.