Save a Copy..., and
Save Selection... allow you to save native MuseScore files (.mscz and .mscx).
- Save...: Save current score to file.
- Save As...: Save current score to new file.
- Save a Copy...: Save current score to new file, but continue to edit original file.
- Save Selection...: Save selected measures to new file. In order to ensure that the file is saved correctly, the time signature needs to be displayed in the first measure of the selected passage, unless it is 4/4.
- Save Online...: Save current score to MuseScore.com (see Share scores online).
Export Parts... allow you to create non-MuseScore files, such as PDF, MusicXML, MIDI, and various audio and image formats.
Export dialog, you can choose which format to export to:
- Export...: Export current score to format of your choice.
- Export Parts...: Export current score and all linked parts to separate files in format of your choice.
MuseScore remembers which format you picked the last time and makes that the default for the next time.
There is a know issue with Windows XP and Vista, there you'd have to manually (un)set the filename's extension, when chosing a different format than last time.
Note: Uncompressed MuseScore format (MSCX) is available in both 'Save' and 'Export'.
Print... allows to print your MuseScore file directly to a printer from MuseScore. Depending on your printer you will have different options, but generally you can define the page range, number of copies and collation.
If you have a PDF printer installed, you could also "export" to PDF using that, although this is not recommended.
For this to work properly with Adobe PDF, make sure to untick
Rely on systemfonts only, do not use document fonts in Printer properties.