For MuseScore 3 users, see Palettes and workspaces
You can show, or hide the palette using the menu Display → Palette (or use the shortcut F9).
Add symbols to your music
You can drag-and-drop palette symbols onto score elements.
Double clicking a palette symbol is equivalent to drag-and-dropping it to each of the selected elements on the score.
For example, you can quickly add tenuto marks to a group of notes:
- Select notes
- In the Articulations/Ornaments palette, double-click on the tenuto symbol.
You can also add or remove palette symbols.
- Click on the palette title and hold your click down for one second.
- From the menu select Enable Editing.
- Drag symbols in the palette to add.
- Drag symbols out, or highlight it with a right click and select Delete Contents to delete it.
- When you finish editing the palette click and hold on the palette title and deselect Enable Editing to prevent accidental changes in the future.