Articulation and Ornamentation Control
Plugins to manipulate note attack and release and compose ornamentation, toward the goal of facilitating artistic phrasing. See the documentation provided at the link at the bottom!!! Download by clicking the "Download" link below.
12/5/2019 NB; I have moved my GitHub repository from BernardSGreenberg to BernardGreenberg (having deleted a previous unused account and moved the name).
These plugins require MuseScore 3.3 or later! That includes the current latest releases.
Here are some demos online on the site (don't need any local application software).
- Demo of a Bach chorus (Gute Nacht, o Wesen) with almost every note phrased, with text awareness
- Demo of a very great Bach aria (Erbarme dich, StMP) with solo parts fully phrased and customized appoggiature
- Demo of another great St. Matthew aria (Können Tränen) intensely phrased, almost every note, according to Bach's slurs -- a terrific example
- Demo of simulated modern-bridge polyphonic violin “cross-bowing” by customized attack and release
- Demo of trill generator results
These plugins eliminate the need to struggle with the Piano Roll Editor, or customize portati via MSCX editing (although both techniques remain available). Scores customized with these plugins will play correctly in any version of MuseScore 3, including on the site.
appoggiatura.qml v. 3.1 — 3 Sept 2019 This new version of the appoggiatura plugin allows control of fine overlap between the appoggiature and the main note, producing subtle enhanced legato. To hear this effect in action, listen to the last measure in particular of this score of mine. Please read CHANGES.md.
DockArticulate.qml v. 3.5— 5 Oct 2019 New, additional, plugin provides the functionality of articulate.qml as a docked (always-visible) dialog/UI element, which is often more convenient. The old one is not going away. Please see DockArticulate.md (Released 3.3 needed; some earlier betas don't support it).
triller.qml v.3.2 — 23 Dec 2019 The trill generator now offers a final “step” extent of the main note after the trill, that is, the trill can apply to less than the full note. See CHANGES.md for an example.
triller.qml v.3.3 — 13 Jan 2020 Triller plugin now initializes from current state of ornamentation on note. See CHANGES.md.