This Plugin for MuseScore will go through a specified folder and can convert all formats MuseScore can read into all formats MuseScore can write, and only does so when no up-to-date version already exists.
In its default settings it creates PDF versions of all ".mscz" files in the specified folder.
- Select "Batch Export" from the Plugins menu
- Select the in- and output format(s), or just use the default (*.mscz to *.pdf)
- Decide whether or nor you want to also work on subdirectories of the one you'll select in the next step and check/uncheck the corresponding box
- Browse to the folder containing the files you wish to export
- Select "Choose"
- Confirm the dialog box that shows which files have been converted
A couple of things to be aware of
- You may need to have a score already open in order for the Plugins menu to be active. Fixed in MuseScore 2.0+
- In MuseScore 2.0.1+ make sure you don't have a score open, that you want the plugin to process, because it won't be able to load it then.
- The scores for which files were exported may be left open in tabs. If so, you'd need to close them manually. Fixed with MuseScore 1.2+
- These open tabs will be labeled "untitled". Fixed in MuseScore 2.0+ and not an issue anymore with MuseScore 1.2+, see above
- The 2.0 version of this plugin needs at least 2.0.1
- All files processed by the plugin for MuseScore 2.0+ will be listed in the 'Recent File' menu.
These issues are fixed with the above mentioned versions, and without re-installing the plugin.
- For now the 2.0 version is to be considered experimental, please report any issue you find!
- If you're on MacOS X and the file dialog for step 4 does not show up, try using the Mac version of the plugin.
This plugin now comes with translations of the dialogs into German, French (thanks to lasconic) and Spanish (thanks to jorgk), for all other language settings in MuseScore, it remains English. More translations are welcome, just contact us for including them.