Chord Identifier (Musescore 2.3)
- Shows chords used in classical music: triads (major, minor, diminished) and seventh chords (MM7, m7, Mm7, dim7).
- Identify chords and put chords symbol between treble staff and bass staff.
- Identify chord by measure, you can also define how many chords in one measure.
- Download chordIdentifier.qml
Put the chordIdentifier.qml in the MuseScore/plugins folder
(basically "%HOMEPATH%\Documents\MuseScore2\Plugins" in Windows
for Mac or Linux ,please see https://musescore.org/en/handbook/plugins#installation)
- Go to menu "Plugins"→"Plugin Manager" , Enable the plugin "chord Identifer" (you can also associate a shortcut). then click "OK"
- Run plugin.
Go to menu Plugins→Chords→Chord Identifier, then the plugin should dock on bottom-left of Musescore UI.
Then set parameters and click "OK"
Chord Per Measure: you need to define how many chords per measure for your specific score.
Chord in: notes in your choice staff (Grand/treble/all) will be used for chord identification. Treble+ grand mode will ignore the highest note(melody)
Normal chord ( C F7 Gm )
Roman Chord level ( Ⅳ)
Bass: it will figure out a bass note if bass note is not a chord root note, such as (C/G )
Highlight chord notes: chord notes display on a different color.
Create New Chord Score: create a new chord-only score
- you can try to set different parameters to get a different result, Ctr+Z can undo.
- Default it is for the whole score if you don't select any measure.it also works on a selected portion, such as several measures.it is useful for a complicated score, such as 4/4 ->3/4 beat changing in a staff.
- you can adjust chord symbols manually if think it is not right or not accuracy.
- if the gap is too narrow between treble staff and bass staff, you can change it, Muscore→Style→General→Page→Grand staff distance.
Comments and feedbacks are welcome!