How does it work?
- Select the range of notes over which the tempo change has to take place
- Open up the plugin from
Plugins - TempoChanges
- Staff Text: Optional staff text to be created at the start of the tempo change. Leave blank if undesired.
- BPM beat: Reference beat duration for both tempo settings below
- Start BPM: Tempo of the first note in the selection (in BPM beats)
- End BPM: Tempo of the first note after the selection (in BPM beats)
- Linear/Curved How the tempo changes over the selected range. When selecting Curved you can use the slider/spinner to indicate when 50% of the tempo change should be applied. A lower value means changing most of the tempo sooner; a higher value means most of the change will be applied later.
Apply. The plugin will now create invisible tempo texts on each segment within the selection and a final visible one on the first note after the selection with the resulting end tempo.
How does it really work?
See http://jeetee.github.io/MuseScore_TempoChanges/ for an interactive explanation on the plugin's internal algorithm.
Plugin Dialog and resulting score fragment
This plugin is currently available in:
Download and Install
For installation see Plugins.
https://github.com/jeetee/MuseScore_TempoChanges/archive/3.1.2.zip or use attached file
Tested on MuseScore 3.0.5. Does not work on lower 3.x versions
https://github.com/jeetee/MuseScore_TempoChanges/archive/2.4.1.zip or use attached file
Tested with MuseScore 2.0.2, should work on 2.0+