How to for plugin development
A list of useful snippets for plugin creation.
Applying a function to each note of a selection
Calling an external process or a command line tool
Lilypond is called in this example. A plugin could also save as MusicXML, manipulate the MusicXML file and open it again via [[Score Object|Score.load()]]
Creating a GUI using Qt
You can access almost any class of the Qt Framework from the plugin framework
The easiest way to make a dialog or UI is to use Qt Creator. Qt Creator is installed with your version of Qt.
- Open Qt Creator
- File -> New File or Project -> Qt -> Qt Designer Form
- Create your form with the graphic interface. You may want to learn more about Layout Management in Qt
- Save your file as for example
- In your script use the following lines
- Signals and slots are a Qt concept. When a signal is fired (for example with a button is clicked), slots connected to it are executed. Slots can be define in your script to do something when something happens in the interface