If you experience a problem while working with MuseScore, there are several ways to get help and support.
To access the Handbook:
- From the MuseScore website: select Support → Handbook from the menu.
- From the MuseScore program: select Help → Online Handbook from the menu.
You can browse through the Handbook using the menus, or do a search.
If you select an element in your score and press F1, a webpage opens displaying a list of links associated with that element in the Handbook.
MuseScore offers a number of on-line Forums for user collaboration. You may be able to find an answer here to your problem among the existing posts. A general search of the website will return a list of relevant hits to all forums and the Handbook.
Some tasks require the use of several different techniques. These can be difficult to find an answer for in the Handbook. Solutions for these may be found in the How To's
Post a question
If you cannot find the answer to your problem, you can ask a question in the Support and bug reports forum.
When you post your question:
- Try to be as precise as you can, when you describe what you want to do, and which steps you have already tried.
- Attach the score that shows the problem. This will make it much easier for others to understand the problem — use the "File attachments" option at the bottom of the page, just above the Save and Preview buttons.
Report a bug
If you encounter something you think is a bug, the first step is to post it in the Support and bug reports forum. This will allow others to help check if it is a genuine bug, and to advise workarounds, so you can continue your scorewriting. You will find more details on this in Bug reports and Feature requests.
- How to write a good bug report: step-by-step instructions Isolate bug (MuseScore HowTo)