How to check the status of a translation
In the Translate menu (only visible to translators), click on Website content link which shows you the current state of the translation for all the pages. This is very useful in finding pages which are awaiting translation.
How to translate a menu page
- Start on the English interface of the website: http://musescore.org/en
- Click on the menu page you wish to translate
- Hit the translate tab at the top of the page
- You will see a table, which describes the translation state for the page
- Hit the language you wish to add or edit
- Replace all the English text with the translation
- Finally, hit the submit button at the bottom of the form
After saving a new (not updated) translation of a menu page, the menu link which appears will be in English. The musescore.org admin will replace this with the translated link. You can always leave a message in the translation forum in case of problems.
How to translate the handbook
Follow these instructions closely, step-by-step!
- Start the translation process with the first page of the English handbook
- Translate this index page first, by following the same instructions on how to translate a menu page (see above)
- It's important to translate the handbook in the exact order of appearance in the English handbook: top ones first and translate your way to the bottom.
- Once all pages have been translated, you need to verify the titles in the menu handbook page against the titles you used for each handbook page. The best practice for this is to open the menu handbook page in edit mode and compare the titles between the double brackets with the titles used in the handbook
Translate the website interface
All the textual strings on musescore.org can be translated. If you find an English string you want to translate, use the translate interface to search for the string and enter your translation.
There are special strings that are not as simple to find, but once translated, they have a big impact on the localized version of musescore.org:
- Description: Create, play back and print beautiful sheet music with free and easy to use music notation software MuseScore. For Windows, Mac and Linux.. Note: keep the translation limited to 150 characters due to search engine limitations.