Playback volume can be changed for the entire piece by the play panel, or locally by Dynamics text in the score.
- Display the play panel: Display → Play Panel
- Change the Volume using the slider
- From the Dynamics palette, click and drag a Dynamics text to a measure in the score.
- To mark crescendo and decrescendo, see hairpin
Adjusting playback volume for a Dynamics text
- Right-click on the Dynamics text to open the menu.
- Select "MIDI Properties".
- Adjust the "Velocity" number, higher for louder, lower for softer.