How to report bug or ask for support
Before posting your support request in the forum:
- PLEASE, look for a solution in the user handbook.
- Check the How Tos, FAQs and Tutorials.
- Use the search function of the website to see if someone has already encountered the same problem on the forums.
- If you are posting an error report, first try to reproduce the problem with the latest prerelease. You may also view the version history to check whether it has been fixed already.
When posting your request for support or bug report, please include as much of the following information as you know:
- Version of MuseScore you are using (e.g. version 1.0) or the revision number if you are using a prerelease (e.g. revision 3996)
- Operating system you are running it on (e.g. Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS 10.6 or Ubuntu 10.10)
- If you are reporting a bug, please describe the precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.). If you are not able to reproduce the problem with the steps, it is probably not worth reporting it as the developers will not be able to reproduce it (and solve) either.
- Limit your reports in the issue tracker to one bug per report
- Remember that the goal of a bug report is not only to show the bug but to allow others to reproduce the bug easily