Upgrade from MuseScore 3.x
See All keyboard shortcuts for MuseScore 4. Here are the common ones that have changed or are entirely new:
|Action||MuseScore 3||MuseScore 4|
|Add tied note||+||T|
|Next Measure (Chord Symbol Entry)||Tab||Ctrl/Cmd+→|
|Previous Measure (Chord Symbol Entry)||Shift+Tab||Ctrl/Cmd+←|
|Toggle accidental: flat||None||-|
|Toggle accidental: natural||None||=|
|Toggle accidental: sharp||None||+|
|Edit element||Alt+Shift+E||F2 or Alt+Shift+E|
|Insert special characters...||F2||Shift+F2|
|Jump to next UI pane||None||F6 or ` (backtick / grave accent)|
|Jump to previous UI pane||None||Shift+F6 or Shift+`|
|Show / hide selection filter||F6||None|
- What used to be the Inspector in MuseScore 3 is the Properties tab in MuseScore 4.
- The tool to switch between page view and continuous view is now at the bottom right of the MuseScore window.
- Same for the Zoom control.
- Same for the Concert pitch toggle.
- To (temporarily) change the playback speed you now need to undock the Play Panel.
- The "Toggle MIDI" button now is behind the Play Panel's cog wheel.
- Fermata is now in the Breaths & Pauses palette
- Hiding an instrument now mutes it by default. However, you can now hide the individual staves of the instrument, which is more flexible.
- The Text tool is now in the Text Properties, partly 'hidden' behind the __More__ botton.