How to change the SoundFont used for playback or add another to MuseScore
- In Preferences verify the path of the "Soundfont folder"
- After finding and decompressing a SoundFont, move the file into this folder (or open the SoundFont File with MuseScore to copy it to the folder)
- In MuseScore, go to View→Synthesizer
- Click on the Add button in the Fluid tab
- Select the SoundFont you want from the list in the dialog—it will be added to the top of the list in the Synthesizer with just one click