Note names through plugins
I tried to see if the issue has been already raised but I did find nothing. This is an issue which also raises some requests...
Stable version 0.9.5 (under Windows XP SP3, but this is probably irrelevant): In a plugin script, when retrieving the name of a note (via the Note.name property) which has enharmonic alternatives, the name returned does not represent the actual note but is fixed. I mean: both a C# and a Db are given a name "c#". Same for other common or less common cases (Dbb is always named "c"; E## is always named "f#" and so on).
Also: in the .mscx files, the enharmonic alternative actually used for a note IS stored under the tag <tpc> (which gives, I think, the position in the circle of the fifths, from Fbb = -1 to B## = 33). I could be VERY useful for a plugin script to have access to this tag, in order to exactly know the kind of note intended by the user.
Finally: it would be also VERY useful to have access, through an equivalent property of the Note object, to the <userAccidental> tag, as this seems the only way to access microtonal info of the score via a script.