MuseScore 3.0 - automatic layout problems
I checked out MuseScoreNightly-2017-07-19-1318-master-b0b536d just to see how automatic layout was working.
I loaded up an old orchestral score and used Ctrl+A, Ctrl+R to reset the layout for everything. I then generated all parts ("New All"). I'm seeing a bunch of problems. Rather than invest a ton of time documenting what may all be known problems, I'll quickly mention the obvious things and post a screen shot.
- I'm getting some really weird slurs (see image). I suspect that resetting the layout might not be resetting some control points on the slurs.
- Multiple-measure rest numbers are colliding with a lot of stuff.
- I'm getting system text collisions (some of these are worse in the parts, where multi-measure rests can pull text closer together).
- Text is continuing past the edge of the page. This is text that is fine in the master score. When a part is created, the measure with the text can occur near the right edge of the page. The only time this might be acceptable is if someone enters text longer than the width of the system.
- Measure numbers are appearing inside the stave rather than above it.
- System text is getting transferred only to the top-most part.
- I had some notes that were beamed across the staff that are all on one staff now.
- I'm seeing hairpin/slur collisions.
- My notes are showing up blue. At first, I thought this was to indicate they were all voice 1, Now I think it's a left-over from when I did Ctrl+A.
- Dynamics and hairpins aren't always lined up.
- When a measure contains only one voice, could you remove any rests left over from when the measure had two or more voices?
You're headed in the right direction!