Barline symbols are available in the Barlines palette:
Change barline type
To change an existing barline, use one of the following:
- Select a barline, then double click on a symbol in the Barlines palette.
- Drag a symbol from the Barlines palette onto a barline in the score.
- Drag a symbol from the Barlines palette onto a measure.
- Select a measure, then double-click on a symbol in the Barlines palette.
To insert a new barline between existing ones, either:
- Drag a symbol from the Barlines palette onto a note or rest.
- Select a note or rest, then double-click a symbol in the Barlines palette.
Barlines can also be changed in the Inspector. Other options available here include:
- Dashed or dotted barlines
- End, double, repeat and adjustable partial barlines,
- Span staves
To hide a barline entirely, select the line and press V, or uncheck Visible in the Inspector.
To extend barlines over multiple staves, like in a grand staff, e.g. for piano, double-click on a barline (see Edit mode).
Click and drag the blue handle down to the next staff.
All the rest of the barlines will update when you leave edit mode.