Audio files integration
Hi. I had an idea, that would probably involve a huge lot of work, but would be amazing for arrangers.
- Open musescore, drag and drop a mp3 file into musescore. It makes a new staff appear, represented by the audio signal, or something simpler.
- Musescore automatically detects the beat in the audio file, represents it visually somehow.
- Users can play the new staff, control the volume, the same way than other staves.
- Users can move the audio over the score, using a grid to make synchronization with the other staves easier.
- Users can cut and paste the audio.
That would be incredibly helpful for people arranging scores for an existing song. But also for people playing the score, but wanting to ear the original song while the score moves.
What do you think?
Edit: I just found someone already had this idea, and the work seems to be ongoing. Is there some news about it?