How to add rehearsal marks with measure numbers instead of letters
- Select the first note where you want to have a rehearsal mark
- Drag a Rehearsal Mark from the Text palette
- Change the letter A to the appropriate measure number
- Select the first note where you want your next rehearsal mark
- Add another rehearsal mark from the Text palette—it will automatically adapt to the measure number
Note that if you insert a new measure between two rehearsal marks, the numbers will not change automatically. Run Edit → Tools → Resequence Rehearsal Marks to readjust the numbers.