The first prerelease of MuseScore 0.1 is released. This version features a big code rework and some new features as MusicXml import/export and MIDI import and live input. The internal structures are enhanced to support more than one voice on a staff. (See new testfile "promenade.msc").
New feature in this release are instrument names. You also get more editing functions for "in place" editing of strings. As usual some bugs are fixed and score layout is enhanced. Setting the page size for printing now works. Note that this release has some (stub) functions which are currently not working: sequencer integration to play score and import/export midi.
This release of MuseScore enables editing of crescendo/decrescendo symbols, simple lyrics and text objects like title, composer etc. Text properties can be edited by a new text style dialog. Printing now uses the native QT printing mechanism which has the ability to embed fonts in the postscript output so there is no need anymore to install the score fonts for printing.
- page layout: vertical space is now automatically inserted
between systems to fill entire page
- staffs and systems can now be dragged vertically
- invisible flag for drawing objects; toggle function in context
menu (click object with right mouse button (clef...))
- text can now be dragged
- notesheet and background color/wallpaper are now configurable
- page symbols: delete/undo/redo
- note stems now have the correct len