Large score graphics
- The issue here is placement of objects on a score. I've attached two PDFs. The first is Page 1 of a piece for orchestra and voices, all staves shown. The second is Page 1 of the same piece, this one with empty staves hidden.
- You'll notice in the first PDF that the page (a large A3 size sheet) isn't big enough for all the staves. Furthermore, there will be several more percussion lines added before the piece is done.
- You'll also notice that the TITLE of the piece is missing from the second PDF (I think it's actually been pushed up, above the page). I'd like to reclaim the title, if there's a way to do that. The title is to the left edge because there's no room for it at the top, and the piece needs to exist both as a full score (for the conductor) and as a reduced score (for everyone else).
- The score would not run off the bottom of the page if the four (soon to be six) single-line percussion staves could be pushed closer together. Is that possible? I tried the 3-line and 5-line drum staves, but complex drum work in such close quarters is really too confusing for players and conductor.
- I'd also like to suggest a small improvement. For orchestral work, it's very useful for the opening page to show all the instruments, so one knows what's coming up. As an option, you might consider "Hide empty staves" to give the user the option of displaying all of the opening page, then condensing everything that follows.