Suggestion to replace Times New Roman with FreeSerif
I have a suggestion to replace Times New Roman with FreeSerif as the default font in scores. My reasons are as follows:
1. Times New Roman is proprietary and FreeSerif is free and open-srouce.
2. Times New Roman on the latest Windows and OS X platforms is a new version if you have the latest version of MS Office, but if you install the font from the "mscorefonts" package, as you have to on Linux distributions, you get one more than 12 years old.
3. Linux distributions without Times New Roman substitute Liberation Serif, which looks a bit different.
4. FreeSerif can be freely distributed with MuseScore, and is unnecessary on most Linux distributions.
5. All scores can look identical, irrespective of the OS or platform.
Thanks for the consideration!