Haven't been able to update for the last 2-3 updates
I'm having some issues updating MuseScore 3. This has been going on since at least December, maybe earlier.
So here is what happens during my attempt to update.
1. The popup occurs, I click "Install update".
2. The download happens, says "Ready to install."
3. Installer launches. Setup wizard says it will install MuseScore 3 on my computer. I hit "Next".
4. Terms of agreement, I accept and hit "Next".
5. I try to make my C drive my destination folder, like I always have, and hit "Next".
6. I hit "Install". I use my admin privileges to try to install, and I close MuseScore when prompted.
7. I get a popup that says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "MuseScore-3.2.3x86_64.msi" in the box below."
8. It automatically tries to use a temporary folder in my local application data folder that contains the update. I do a search of my computer looking for the installation package. No items match the search, so obviously the update fails.
I think it might have to do with not having the previous updates installed. My version is 188.8.131.5235. So knowing this, I recognized that the default source for the installation package didn't contain the package. So I did a search for the temporary folder that contained the old update. Nothing.
I do have hidden files visible, so if I did a search for it, it would show up on the list, right?
Any ideas? I've tried everything that I can think of.