Piano notation for "rumbling" tremolo

• Sep 21, 2021 - 20:49

Hey everyone. I'm just wondering if there's an agreed upon method of notation for the kind of loose tremolo chords you typically hear at the end of a pop song. Instead of an alternation between two parts of the chord, it's more of a randomized wack-a-mole between each individual note—kind of like typing gibberish. Do you write it as one chord and put strokes through the stem? Do you split it half-and-half and write it like a strict alternation? Both/neither?


Can you post a link to a sample recording of what you mean? As a pianist, I wouldn't normally tremolo randomly - it's almost always just a back and forth motion. That goes equally for pop, jazz, and classical.

Do you still have an unanswered question? Please log in first to post your question.