Corrupted file when editing dynamics and/or adding a quarter note between existing notes
Note: this bug caused a corrupted file and repeated crashes. On measure three, you can see that there is an 8th note and a half note Eb with a rest in between. You can see that the rest SHOULD be a quarter rest, but is a dotted half rest. Here are the steps I took to reach this bug
1) I had a file with this existing notation, but the quarter rest was displayed as expected and the half note Eb was an 8th note.
2) replace the quarter rest with a quarter note Eb, and the second 8th note Eb mentioned above with a half note Eb.
3) select the first two Ebs and add a decrescendo carrot. Do the same with the half note on beats 3 & 4.
4) add some expression text below the first two notes with the first decrescendo. I originally put some staff and system text, but then settled on expression. For each iteration, I used cmd z and not delete.
5) attempt to put a tie between those first two notes
6) entire Musescore program crashes
7) reopen, and then restart the process from the saved state described in step 1.
8) crashes again.
9) reopen file, this time with a warning about the file being corrupted
10) reopen file again, copy everything cmd+c, and make a new score and paste it in. The pasted result is what you see in my attached file. Original corrupted file deleted when I made this new file and replaced it (my bad)
Appreciate all the work for Musescore 4. Hope this can be helpful.
|Kill Bill Chorus.mscz||32.91 KB|