MIDI keyboard input does not advance to next beat when multiple notes are pressed simultaneously, and then stops working
On MacOS 13 (Ventura), MuseScore 4.0, do the following:
1) Create any blank musescore file, and select an empty bar.
2) Press N to start inputing notes.
3) Connect a MIDI piano keyboard.
4) Play notes on the keyboard; one note each time. We see notes successfully entered, one after another.
5) Now press two or more keys on the keyboard simultaneously to input a chord.
6) We see chord successfully entered. Release all keys.
7) We repeat step 5, trying to enter another chord.
8) Now instead of getting a new chord after the previous one, we end up adding notes to the previous chord, which is not right! (Version 3.6 was not like that.)
9) Now select another empty bar and press N
10) Now repeat step 4. We find that we cannot input anything with the MIDI keyboard.
Now we have to restart MuseScore to use the keyboard.
Is there a workaround/fix for this bug?
(No files attached below since the issue could not be described by a picture or another file.)
OS: Linux Mint 20.1, Arch.: x86_64, MuseScore version (64-bit): 4.0.2-230380504, revision: aabbec1
Works OK here.
I am using MuseScore Version 4.0.1 on Apple Silicon.