Corrupted Musescore 4 file while away
I have an original piece I made in Musescore 4 a few weeks ago, and I happened to look at it today. It says I cannot publish it because a certain measure in the part file for the piano is corrupted, as well as that same measure in the full score. I changed nothing since last time I edited the score, and both measures are identical from at least viewing them. I do remember, however, being curious about the parts section, and I opened a piano part as well as the main score, but I didn't do much else. Any help in fixing this would be appreciated.
The attached score should upload without problem if you try to publish it.
For the record, this is how I fixed it:
1. Insert two blank measure before the corrupt measure (measure 2).
2. Insert one blank measure after the corrupt measure.
3. In the new measure 2 (inserted to hold the music for the corrupted measure), I would normally copy across the notes from any staves which are not corrupted, but in this case it was just the piano stave which had notes.
4. In the new measure 2, manually enter the notes for both piano staves.
5. In the new measure 2, add the rehearsal mark.
6. Use the Properties panel to fix the back-to-back repeat barlines.
7. Select the first empty measure, the corrupt measure and the following empty measure, then Ctrl+Delete.
4.0.2 does give a detailed report about corruption, 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 did not, that's the difference