How to delete all notes of one pitch easily and quickly
I work with a Senior Citizen hand-bell group. Some of the group does not read music and even after circling, color-coding, and writing R and L on the notes they still find the music confusing.
I have had quite a bit of success removing all but the notes actually played by the individual from the printed music.
This is pretty labor-intensive -
- enter the piece into MuseScore
- remove whichever clef the player will not be using
- color the notes so I don't have to think so much
- delete all the notes the player does not "need" (this horrifies "real" musicians!)
Possible solutions I have thought about:
- Enter each pitch into a separate voice - not enough voices
- Enter each group of pitches into separate voices - works pretty well because it severely depletes the number of notes I have left to work on
- enter each pitch as a different instrument (not really, my brain couldn't handle it)
What I would like to do:
- select/more.../select all notes of same pitch
- delete selection
I'm open to suggestions and ideas. I think this is a pretty limited use so would not justify a feature request.