A handful of new Feature Requests!
I've been using MuseScore for a few months now and love it. But over that time I've compiled a list of 14 features that I would find useful. If it helps, I'm on Linux Mint 17. Thanks in advance for considering this list and apologies if any of them have already been addressed/discussed or if they already exist and I've somehow missed them.
1) In the drop-down list of text fonts, an automatic list of recently used fonts would be useful, rather than having to scroll down each time.
2) Automatically highlight text when going into edit text mode in order quickly to change font, size and style without having to click and drag. Also mass edit of all selected text objects to change font/size/style at the same time.
3) A user-edited library of text expressions to avoid having to write out often used expressions (such as crescendo, ritardando etc.
4) Asterisks to denote pedal lifts, as well as the extendible pedal line option.
5) Ability to reduce space between staves/staffs as well as increasing it; maybe I'm missing something here, but it doesn't seem to be possible. Possibly each staff could have a marker which could be used to move it, rather than the somewhat cumbersome spacers.
6) On the subject of layout, the page settings could be changeable for each page rather than just odd or even pages.
7) Allow page numbers to be changeable (font, size and style) and possibly moveable to inside and outside of page margins
8) Allow all objects, when selected by mouse, to show cross-hairs in order easily to align them with other objects.
9) A grid and/or rulers with click-able gradations to show cross-hairs would be useful.
10) Select and move all objects en masse. This works with lyrics for example, but not with dynamics/articulations etc.
11) The option to choose whether automatically to anchor objects (text, dynamics etc.) to notes/ rests or alternatively to invisible anchor points within the bar (without being affected by layout changes).
12) For repeated use of ornaments, articulations, slurs etc, the ability to select the object in question within the palette and then use the mouse to click on the note rather than having to click and drag which is far more time consuming. It would also be great if you could select a number of notes and add articulations to them all with one click.
13) when selecting a second slur, the first remains in edit mode and the second cannot be edited without unselecting the first slur.
14) Jazz notation for notes as well as text.
Keep up the good work. If I knew how to programme I'd be very active with helping to develop MuseScore!