fbrauchle's blog

GSoC work product

3 years ago • 7 comments

For this year’s Google Summer of Code project I was working with MuseScore. My project was to improve the already existing features in MuseScore listed below.

Links:
- merged commits
- open Pull Requests
- Part tool
- Implode
- Explode

Basics

[inline:explain.png]

Part tool

It wasn‘t possible to create parts of a score for single voices of a staff. In music, it is common to write more than one instrument voice in the same staff to save space. The

Read more

GSoC: Week 12

3 years ago • 0 comments

The actual PR for the improved Explode tool,
the actual PR for the improved Implode tool and the actual PR for the new excerptsdialog.

Last week

The end of this year's GSoC is quite near and I have already finished my work. Last week I was working on the cloneVoice method again and chucked away unnecessary things, so it's a bit faster and easier to understand. Another thing have been some minor changes to clean up code. After this I

Read more

GSoC: Week 11

3 years ago • 0 comments

The actual PR for the improved Explode tool,
the actual PR for the improved Implode tool and the actual PR for the new excerptsdialog.

Last week

Last week I was able to make two important steps. First one was to complete work on the explode tool, so now it is possible to explode voices of one staff to voices in staffs below and the undo command is working again for this. Second thing was a self-inflicted bug which caused wrong

Read more

GSoC: Week 10

3 years ago • 0 comments

The actual PR for the improved Explode tool,
the actual PR for the improved Implode tool and the actual PR for the new excerptsdialog.

Last week

Last week I worked for the most of the time on the Explode tool. It does work quite properly now even if there are some small bugs remaining. The implementation again uses the cloneVoice method and the new achievement is an explode tool which is able to handle multiple voices in the source staff.

Read more

GSoC: Week 9

3 years ago • 0 comments

The actual PR for the improved Implode tool and the actual PR for the new excerptsdialog.

Last week

As predicted I haven't been very active last week, because of my exams. Only things were a minor bug fix noticed from heuchi and a new forum discussion on the best fitting name for Implode and Explode.

The discussion doesn't really impact my work, so we can easily change this later. In my opinion (which maybe doesn't count very much, because I'm

Read more

GSoC: Week 8

3 years ago • 3 comments

The actual PR for the improved Implode tool and the actual PR for the new excerptsdialog.

Last week

I worked a bit on some new tests, and switched some test cases, so the tests are better sorted. This also affects the new directory of PR 2738.
The test for the improved Implode is finished, it does just show, that the Implode tool doesn't matter on most things as slurs, hairpins or something else. It also contains a empty destination

Read more

GSoC: Week 7

3 years ago • 3 comments

The actual PR for the improved Implode tool.

Last week

I was mainly working on bug fixes. Biggest one was the tie thing, where ties weren't connected to next note if there was a measure break between them. This was fixed by a big change to the cloneVoice() method. This method does now get the exact start segment (source), destination segment and the tick of the last segment, so the whole clone process is done in the cloneVoice method. This

Read more

GSoC: Week 6

3 years ago • 2 comments

The actual PR for the improved Implode tool.

Last week

I changed cloneVoice() from being an excerpt method to being a score method in edit.cpp and used it in my first attempt for the improved implode tool.
We have had a discussion for this tool here and a big thing is that we have different demands for this tool. So freixas suggested to add a new UI for the different implode/merge options we could have. For me and my project

Read more

GSoC: Week 5

3 years ago • 1 comment

The actual PR for the new excerpts dialog.

Last week

Last week I didn't change much on my project, I just added a test to make sure part creation is working. A benefit of the actual implementation is that there always has to be a track map, so all the old tests are testing the same things but the part creation itself has changed. The fact that the creation of part doesn't differ significant from a part with just a

Read more

GSoC: Week 4

3 years ago • 6 comments

This week I finished the GUI for the new excerptsdialog. This is an important step, because it is now possible to test the function with different scores and choose the voices individually.
My actual PR.

Achievements

As already said I finished the GUI. I didn't had much problems with it, but it was quite a big change on the dialog, so it did take its time. Major change was to use QTreeWidgetItems instead of QListItems for the actual parts

Read more