GSoC: Week 8
I worked a bit on some new tests, and switched some test cases, so the tests are better sorted. This also affects the new directory of PR 2738.
The test for the improved Implode is finished, it does just show, that the Implode tool doesn't matter on most things as slurs, hairpins or something else. It also contains a empty destination staff which is catchier, because the undo action would leave an empty staff, so I fixed this and created a test for this. Another thing is that the test score has more than four voices but we chose the first four voices we find. Last thing the new test is about is how it handles transposed instruments.
The tests for the new excerptsdialog is a bit more complicated.
Last week heuchi detected some issues adding elements to a score which has voice parts. When voice 1 is missing some elements like rehearsal marks, staff text, hairpins and some other things aren't copied to the parts. This was fixed by an update of the undoAddElement() function. The problem was that some elements as for example hairpins are always added to the first voice of a staff, so if we don't map this voice in a part we don't get this hairpin. For such elements I made sure to always have a track to add them.
To test this newly added thing it would be needed to add those elements directly in a score. I didn't see an example for this in the other tests and honestly I didn't spent much time on this, but if someone has an idea how I easily can test the addition of a StaffText it would be great.
Besides this implementation details I asked last week for a better name than "Implode"/"Explode". The idea of freixas was to call it "Merge"/"Seperate" and Jojo proposed "Gather"/"Scatter". He also mentioned that Finale and Sibelius call it "Implode"/"Explode".
If it helps I can start a new forum discussion on this.
As in the last weeks I'll fix upcoming bugs and try to improve the tools, but next week I'll have three exams, so I won't be much around.
Thanks for testing and your response,