To apply a line across a range of notes
To apply a line from a note to the end of that measure
Use any of the following methods:
- Click on a note, then double click a line.
- Drag and drop a line onto the score.
To apply a line across a range of measures
- Select one or more measures;
- Double click a line in a palette.
Some lines, such as Hairpins, Voltas, Ottavas etc., have a playback effect as well as being indicative. Each end handle is connected by a dotted line to an anchor on the staff (visible in Edit mode). These anchors indicate the extent of the playback effect.
In Normal mode, apply one of the following methods:
- Click on one or more lines and change the vertical offset in the Inspector;
- Click on a line, press and hold Shift and drag it up/down with a mouse.
Note: You can also adjust the vertical position in Edit mode.
- Shift+→ 来一个音符一个音符地向右移动末端滑块（对于变奏结尾是一小节一小节地向右移动）
- Shift+← 来一个音符一个音符地向左移动末端滑块（对于变奏结尾是一小节一小节地向左移动）
- → 来将滑块向右移动 0.1 sp（1 sp为一个谱线间距）。
- ← 来将滑块向左移动 0.1 sp。
- Ctrl+→（Mac：Cmd+→）来将滑块向右移动 1 sp。
- Ctrl+←（Mac：Cmd+→）来将滑块向左移动 1 sp。
When you apply a text line to the score from a palette, the line properties always remain unchanged, but the text properties may, under certain circumstances, assume those of the current style for text lines. For details, see Behavior of applied text and lines.
Any line in the score can be customized by adjusting its properties in the Inspector, as follows:
- If line hooks are needed, make a selection from Begin hook, End hook and Height (in the Text Line Core section);
- To add text, tick Begin Text, Continue Text or End Text, then type in the "Text" box:
- Begin: Text added here appears at the beginning of the line;
- Continue: Text added here appears at the beginning of a continuation line;
- End: Text added here appears at the end of the line;
- Edit text properties and alignment as required;
- Edit Placement: "Above" or "Below" sets the text so that it is on the line. "Left" places the text to the left of the line;
- Make adjustments to the line color, thickness and style (solid, dashed etc.) in the Line section. The Diagonal option allows you to create a diagonal line by dragging the end handles;
- To save the result for future use, see Custom palettes.
Extended ornament lines
To add an accidental to an extended ornament, such as a trill line, select the line and double-click a symbol from the Accidentals palette.