For MuseScore 3 users, see Checking for updates
- First enter notes
- Select first note
- Type Ctrl+L and enter lyrics text for first note
- Type Space at end of word to go next note
- Type an hyphen - at end of syllable to go to next note. The syllables are connected with a dash
- Shift+Space moves to the previous note
Syllables can be extended by an underline:
Entered with: soul, _ _ _ To Esc.
Lyrics can be text editing as normal text with the exception of a few characters. If you want to add a space, hyphen or underscore to a single syllable then use the following shortcuts.
- Ctrl+Space (Mac: ⌥+Space) enters a space into the lyrics text
- Ctrl+- (Mac: ⌥+-) enters a hyphen (-) into the lyrics text
- Mac only: ⌥+_ enters an underscore (_) into the lyrics text