For MuseScore 3 users, see Chord symbols
Chord names can be entered by first selecting a note and then pressing Ctrl+K. This creates a chord name text object for the selected chord.
- Type Space to move to the next chord.
- Shift+Space moves to the previous chord.
- Ctrl+Space enters a space into the chord name text.
Chord names can be text editing as normal text. To add a sharp type # and to add a flat type b. These characters will automatically turn into proper sharp or flat signs when you move to the next chord.
If you prefer a more handwritten appearance to the chord names in your score then versions 0.9.5 and later include this option.
- From the main menu choose Style → Edit Style...
- From the left pane select Chord names
- In the right pane replace the text chords.xml with jazzchords.xml