choke cymbal notation
This nice guide to drum notaion:
describes how to notate a "choked" cymbal, that is, when you grab the cymbal just after you hit it, by puting an apostrophe after it:
I was not able to find support for this in MuseScore. So here is a proposal to add support for this.
There are several workarounds, though.
- Writing "ch" or "choked" over the note is another common way to notate this, I think.
- Using a note head right parentheses. I discovered an alternative way which is more similar to the apostrophe:
1. add parentheses around the note head (by clicking on the '()' button in the palette)
2. select the left parethesis and delete it
3. Move the right parentheses slightly up and to the right.
The result looks something like this.