The Main score's Staff Text gets unintentionally duplicated in Parts (under certain circumstances)
After generating Parts for a score I often find that the addition of a Staff Text object to the main score results in two Staff Text objects appearing in the Part. (Note that I'm referring to a players Part when I spell Part with a capital P.
I've tried several times to replicate this from scratch but failed. (See the paragraph denoted with a bullet for general steps that I believe should trigger the behavior.)
Once this situation exists I can click either Staff Text objects in the Part and it appears to select independently. So I thought I could simply select one, delete it, and get on with my work. But on delete, MuseScore deletes both Staff Text objects from the Part, along with the original Text Object in the Score! And the same behavior occurs no matter which "duplicate" I delete.
- Today I encountered the situation again in a score with linked tablature. So I thought the tablature might be the trigger. So I created a score with linked tablature and generated Parts ... but didn't see any duplicate Text Objects in the Part. So it looked like another failure to replicate the bug ... but later I closed and reopened the score. And voila, on reopening I saw duplicate Staff Text objects in the Part.
The steps to replicate should be something like:
• New score, with 2 or 3 staves
• Add some notes in each part in the main score
• Add a Staff Text to each part in the main score
• Then add linked tablature to each staff (NOTE: I didn't test with unlinked tablature)
• Generate players Parts via File>Parts>All Parts
Examine the Parts: Everything looks normal at this point (if you have the same experience as me.)
• Close the score
• Reopen it
• Look at each Part. They still look as expected ... without any duplicate Staff Text objects.
Here's where the fireworks start:
• Add a new Chord Symbol or Staff Text object to the Parts.
• Now look at each Part.
• For each added Staff Text object or Chord Symbol in the main score we see two corresponding "instances" in the Parts. Doesn't matter whether the object is newly created or pasted.
So perhaps there's some conflagration of Parts, Tablature and Close/Reopen that triggers this. As stated previously, I only tested with linked tablature.
Can anyone reproduce the issue with the steps I've given?
Can anyone devise a simpler replication scenario?
I know there's been a lot of work on Parts in MuseScore 4, so hopefully this bug has been noticed and already fixed.
The Ukulele Part shows the duplicated Staff Text object: