misc. feature requests (read post to see all of them)
1. rf, sfz, fp, fz, etc. dynamics should have their own velocity ranges
For the longest time, I've noticed with MS that the common dynamics like f, p, ff, pp, ppp, fff, mf, mp, and etc. have their own velocity ratings but not the extra ones. every time i want to put rinforzando in my manuscripts im forced to input my own velocity rating for all of them. now this wouldn't be a problem if i only had to do it once, but that's not the case here. i sometimes use it several times, so it'd be nice if there was a way to circumvent this.
2. time signature property changes should affect time signatures in general, not just one time signature on a grand staff.
another case of having to click repetitively on things to get it right. there really ought to be a one click does all solution to this as well. its tiring to have to do this when im writing a symphony or a piano piece or a string quartet, etc.
3. beamed notes take up more space in systems than they should for no reason
if you write a score in common time and just fill it up with 16th notes musescore will stretch 2 whole measures into an entire system just to fit it in and with 32nd notes itll fill an entire system with one measure and its really obnoxious because there are tonnes of professionally published scores out there that dont do that. for example in ignaz moscheles's sonata in d minor in the following phrase:
хостинг картинок для форумов
it only takes 3 measures to fit all those 16ths. the same thing can be applied in the following phrase in
schubert's sonata in a minor
in the adagio movement in czerny's 9th piano sonata there is a section within the adagio movement that utilizes a lot of 32nd notes.
куда залить картинку
it only takes two measures to fill up the page with 32nd notes.
4. when making a phrase like the following (example is from czerny's b minor piano sonata)
where you want a certain note to be held inside of the voice, unless you format it like this (this example comes from a draft of a piano piece im working on):
it does not hold. why is this a problem? because leaving it that way can be aesthetically displeasing to the eyes to some people.
5. more score fonts or at least the option to modify score fonts to the users liking because currently theres too few.