Request: Realize chords plugin
This weekend I tested quite a few programs (MuseScore, Sibelius First, etc). In Sibelius First there is a plugin to convert chord symbols into notes (not sure if I use the right terms here, I'm quite a music notation newbe). It would be awesome to have something like that in MS as well!
If you want to see how Sibelius First handles this:
- download at http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/download/get.pl?com=sh&prod=first & install
- start a new piano score
- click first measure
- open 'Text' tab
- click on 'Chord Symbol'
- enter a few chord symbols (tab goes to next measure)
- click escape to stop entering chord symbols
- open 'Home' tab
- click on a blank spot of your score to deselect any selection
- Click on 'Plugins' -> 'Realize Chord Symbols'
- Click 'Yes' to confirm you want to do this for the entire score
- Change settings to whatever you like (Piano) and click 'OK'
- The cords have been added as an extra staff